lnstaPro® Antimicrobial Powder Coatings
lnstaPro® AM powder coatings can be used
- In applications where inhibiting microbial growth is critical.
- In public places such as schools, hospitals, restaurants, etc. r To prevent the growth of bacteria, virus and mold.
- In Medical Industry for hospital bed frames, wheelchairs, hospital equipments, etc.
- In Consumer Applications for furniture, door handles, cabinets, etc.
- In Fitness Industry for exercise equipments, treadmills, etc.
How is it made and used
- lnstaPro® AM powder coatings is made from nitrogen based Omnipro® Antimicrobial additive. This additive is polymeric in nature and hence no leeching .will be observed over time. It operates at a molecular level to continuously protect the surface of the product from the growth of microbes throughout the life of the powder coating.
- This is incorporated into poyvder coating using conventional manufacturing processes. The powder coating manufactured is cured using conventional curing methods such as convection or IR.
lnstaPro® AM powder coatings
- Can be made into all powder coating technologies, color and finishes both for MDF and metal.
- Can inhibit microbial growth instantaneously (within thirty minutes as seen in data on the bottom).
- Can be effective even after exposure to different elements (such as abrasion and wash cycles).
- Can provide continuous protection throughout the product.
- Does not contain silver, zinc, triclosan and phenol.
- Can be· used for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Standard bacteria surface kill protocol was performed.
- One million bacteria per ml.
- One ml applied to surface of test sample.
- Exposure time from 25 minutes to 24 hours.
- Liquid dried on surface before designated times.
- Laboratory temperature, 70 deg. F.
- Bacteria accumulated from surface after designated time and transferred to blood agar plates.
- Blood agar plates incubated at 37°C (98°F) for 72 hours.
- Plates are observed and reported on colony growth.
- Positive and negative controls are run .
Competitor products A, B and C are silver ion based products. InstaPro® products are effective immediately. MDF products are painted on steel for testing purposes.